Click here www.225observer.blogspot.com to see the original version of "The 225th Observer".

Monday, September 3, 2018

Stamp of Approval

Whenever I travel I look to buy a coffee mug as a souvenir.  Often I get one that relates to airplanes.  I have one from museum at Naval Station Tillamook and also a nifty mug with the space shuttle Discovery from the National Air and Space Museum in Washington, DC.  When we were in DC in July I found a mug that fulfilled both my need for coffee and for a mug with an airplane at, of all places, the US Postal Museum (thus the photo at the top of this article)!


If you are in our nation’s capital be sure to take an hour or so to visit the Postal Museum, it is fascinating to see how important and amazingly efficient the postal service is.  Below are some of the images it took in July.
Some of the great stamps the US has produced


The 1918 Inverted Jenny misprint

My son Tim in the Post Office Museum lobby

Some examples how the mail was delivered in the early 20th century (above & below)


No comments:

Post a Comment