Click here www.225observer.blogspot.com to see the original version of "The 225th Observer".

Saturday, September 22, 2018

Comment Received re Bill Miller's "My Take on My Army Service"

Our friend Larry Conway wrote me to let me know he was unable to post a comment on Bill's story...he sent it to me so everyone could read it:

I was a TO at the 225th from May of '68 to May of '70, and I don't recall any flight crew member ever saying anything derogatory about the condition or maintenance of any of our Mohawks.  The aircraft were always up to snuff and ready to go, and nearly always performed beautifully in all respects, despite the harsh environment in which they operated.  I always had great confidence in the aircraft's ability to complete the mission and bring me safely home.  I lay this all at the feet of the Mohawk's innate toughness, and the people who maintained the numerous complex systems that were necessary to complete the missions.  The flight crews' lives were in their hands, and we all knew it and appreciated their unfailing efforts to keep us safe.  I think they did a wonderful job for little thanks.  Allow me to thank them now. 

Editor's Note:  I'll add that I was a "Flight-Follow TO" from about October 1969 to June 1970 and that I never gave it a thought about how our aircraft would perform for our missions.  I also want to thank them nearly 50 years later!

No comments:

Post a Comment