Click here www.225observer.blogspot.com to see the original version of "The 225th Observer".

Monday, May 7, 2018

Returning to Seattle Children's Hospital


Today I had the privilege of attending a retirement celebration for a former colleague at Seattle Children’s Hospital.  Barb Michieli, a retired US Army major in the Medical Service Corps, celebrated her last day after 16 years as Children’s Radiation and Laser Safety Officer with a reception attended by colleagues, friends and former employees.

I first met Barb when I was recruited to be on the Children’s Emergency Response Team (CERT) in 2002 after the September 11th attacks.  We both served several years on the CERT Team, participating in trainings and drills.  


I had not been back to Seattle Children’s since my retirement 2 years ago and it was wonderful seeing so many of my former coworkers!  Happy retirement Barb!

No comments:

Post a Comment