Click here www.225observer.blogspot.com to see the original version of "The 225th Observer".

Tuesday, March 23, 2021

F4U-4 Corsair in Lacey

I’ve finished my 2nd model airplane of the pandemic.  It wasn’t as difficult as thought it might be.  The reason on picked an F4U Corsair is because at Seattle’s Museum of Flight there is fully restored (and I believe flyable) Goodyear F2G-1 Super Corsair that was salvaged after many years of sitting on the bottom Lake Washington.  You see, the I was a kid Sand Point Naval Air Station occupied the site that is now Magnuson Park (owned now by the City of Seattle) on the shore of Lake Washington.  This airplane’s driver for whatever reason decided that is was a float plane and ran right off the end of the runway into the drink.  I’ve seen the museum’s Corsair (which is on loan from the Navy), and also one that is at the National Air and Space Museum at Dulles Airport.  And so I thought it would be a good model to build.



No comments:

Post a Comment