Click here www.225observer.blogspot.com to see the original version of "The 225th Observer".

Friday, February 5, 2021

225th Surveillance Airplane Company History

 

When I started the original version of the 225th Observer in 2007 my purpose was to connect with all of you with whom I served at “Phabulous Phu Hiep by the Sea” a half century ago.  Early on someone asked me about the heritage of the company, when and why did it come into existence.   I knew that the unit was activated at Fort Lewis, Washington, but that was a about all.

In 2008 Howard Ohlson, who had the old website OV-1.com, sent me some information about the origins of the 225th Surveillance Airplane Company, that I published in two entries on the first Observer blog.  Since February is officially Black History Month I thought I’d republish what I found out by linking the 2 articles here:

The 225th SAC, aka Co. K, 34th QM Truck Regiment (Trk) (Cld)

More 225th History

No comments:

Post a Comment