Click here www.225observer.blogspot.com to see the original version of "The 225th Observer".

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

The Shut-In Gazette #03

During this pandemic the projects don't seem to end, and that's a good thing!  I've continued to work on finishing our backyard here at our new house.  Yesterday afternoon I went to Home Depot (for about the umpteenth time since we moved in last May) and stood in their version of a Disneyland line for about a half hour to buy some 4"x8" concrete bricks to build a base for an iron arbor-trellis-bench-like-thing to sit on.

Well, of course I was about one brick short, so I had to go back and get another one.  I went early (about 6:15am) to avoid the going to Disneyland again and walked right in.  I got my brick and, after taking a shower in Purell, got back in the car and drove home.  As I turned into the entrance drive to our community I noted some big dogs in the road; I slowed dow and they suddenly became deer instead of Great Danes!  There were seven of them lazily munching on the grass and some of the other ornamental shrubbery.  What a fun sight at 6:45am!  Isn't the Lord great to provide these guys for us to enjoy!


Here are a couple of gems from Barb Michieli with whom I worked at Seattle Children' Hospital...

My Coast Guard friend Dave Pitkin sent this video of "Jimmy Buffett's Take on Coronavirus".  Dave and I met for the first time while I was on R&R in Honolulu in 1969 and we were reunited because of the internet several years ago.
Our friend Roger (Superman) Kent sent this amazing Youtube video of a very large parking lot out in the Mojave Desert.  We have a similar but much smaller one with parked 737-Max airliners in Grant County in Central Washington.  Click on the link and enjoy!

My neighbor Dan Batman periodically feeds me interesting pictures and cartoons.  Here's one that he sent me a few days ago:

No comments:

Post a Comment