Click here www.225observer.blogspot.com to see the original version of "The 225th Observer".

Friday, June 2, 2017

Fitness? Exercise? At My Age?

Yesterday I received my monthly installment of the Gray Iron Fitness Newsletter, written by Mr. Logan Franklin.  In it Franklin talks about the importance for folks our age to exercise, eat right and maintain a healthy weight.  I’ve got type 2 diabetes, so I have to watch what I eat and make sure I’m getting enough exercise.  I have been going to the gym to lift weights (I have a membership because it comes at no extra cost with my monthly Medicare premium); I try to go several times a week.


I enjoy his newsletter because I believe whereof he speaks; I believe he is in his upper70s.  I know that I always feel better after a workout, especially if I felt like crap before I began a half hour before.  My goal for the past couple of years has been to add some definition to my arm, stomach and leg muscles, and that has happened since I've been doing some resistance training.  The myth that you can't add muscle when you're older is simply that, a myth.  Anyway, take a look at some of his past newsletters, I think you’ll enjoy and be encouraged by them as I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment