Click here www.225observer.blogspot.com to see the original version of "The 225th Observer".

Monday, May 8, 2017

2017 Reunion in Colorado Springs!

Well, I bit the bullet and bought an airplane ticket to Colorado Springs for this year’s Mohawk Reunion.  Now that I have some free time on my hands, I initially thought it would be fun to take the train from Seattle.  A friend of mine recently took the train to Pennsylvania and the flew home.  You know what?  From Seattle to Colorado Springs you can’t get there from here!  It goes through the town but doesn’t stop.  You’ve gotta go all the way to Denver and then take a bus (not one of those classic old Greyhound Scenicruisers either...boy were they fun to ride on when I was a kid!) south to the home of the Air Force.  And, besides that, it costs an arm and a leg to take Amtrak!  So, the result is that I will fly.

The Reunion is September 14-17 and it is filling fast.  Since I didn’t get my train ride from Seattle, I signed up for the Royal Gorge Train Ride that is being offered during the reunion.  John Bosch, our intrepid Reunion Director, posted on the Association’s website that this event is 65% full already.  There will also be a tour of the US Air Force Academy and the usual great banquet and mixers.  So, if you’re not registered to go you’d better do so soon!

There are 17 Blackhawks/Phantomhawks already on the AFRI Yes Sir, I’m Coming to Colorado Springs list.  Don’t be left out!  I’ll see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment